To provide coop advising, guidance, and workshops to students in the programs at Greystone College Vancouver (part of ILSC Education Group). Act as an important link between program success and student’s co-op placement experience. To encourage a positive, motivated, proactive, and enjoyable office atmosphere that encourages the growth of students and staff and fosters a healthy group dynamic
- Primary role is to provide one-on-one assistance and guidance to all day-time and evening students before, during and after their Coop term for their successful completion of the work experience portion of program required for graduation. This responsibility includes but is not limited to providing assistance with Resume Preparation, Practice Interview, Job Search advice, facilitating various Orientation Sessions and Workshops related to Coop/Volunteer/Ranch Stay programs
- Monitoring students' co-op placement progress, evaluating their success and professional growth through various reporting procedures, one-on-one meetings and communication with employers
- Resolve issues such as student or employer grievances relating to work performance by student or condition of work in accordance with program policies and practices.
- Support students to have a better understanding of the Canadian workplace culture and expectations
- Communication of any employment/educational/immigration changes in regulations or trends that affects the students or the school in general, including assisting student in coop work and study permit application processes within the limit of what the
Regulation allows and under the direction of a Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant.
- Keep paperless database up-to-date with student information and create sessional reports or other statistical reports for the purpose of management review, performance evaluation, sessional review, inputs on strategic decision
- Collaborate with team to ensure clear communication of programs’ policies to students and other stakeholders, within and outside of the company
- To actively contribute to the positive development of team’s knowledge, skills, and training; participate in the ongoing development of the Coop programs
- Other tasks as assigned
- Post-secondary University bachelor degree or college diploma with 2+ years’ experience in the Education, Administrative, or Human Resources industry
- Ability to work in a busy, high-demand work environment with changing priorities, tight deadlines, multi-tasking and adapting to new changes to regulations and systems is a requirement. Work location may switch between any of the Greystone/ILSC Campuses in Vancouver and work hours may be adjusted to meet work demands
- A high level of tact and professionalism and a strong work ethic are required
- Experience in career advising or student support is a strong asset
- Developed understanding of current labor market trends, workplace practices and culture, and job hunting strategies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and ability to facilitate group meetings and conduct workshops
- Counselling course/certificate is an asset
- Strong organizational skills and problem solving ability
- Intermediate to Senior skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Candidates can apply to Sue.Murthi[at]greystonecollege[dot]com
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.