Some of the things you will need to do:
- Apply your understanding of the software development lifecycle and adhere to best practices from testing to deployment to documentation
- Build maintainable and scalable applications, integrations and websites
- Problem-solve on the fly and perform in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Analyze requirements and design solutions for accuracy and completeness
- Participate in team activities: story pointing, sprint reviews, sprint planning, release planning, etc.
- Contribute to every layer of a vertical slice of functionality as an Agile (SCRUM) team member
Some of the skills and experience you bring:
- Strong experience with CSS, HTML and PHP
- Familiarity with something like Git, Visual Studio/TFS/Team Services, Visual SourceSafe, etc.
- Experience with Web services protocols/frameworks such as REST, XML and e-commerce
- Experience with Drupal
- Comprehensive experience with relational databases re: creating objects, manipulating and querying data, writing complex stored procedures (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL preferred)
- Knowledge of reporting tools and business intelligence (SSRS and PowerBI) (would be nice)
- Experience using JIRA or other collaboration/project management tools
- Experience working with product management to define user features and scope releases
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to walter.buchanan[at]ilsc[dot]com
Include “ILSC Developer” in your subject line.
Please note: due to the large number of resumes received, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted, or will receive a response. We thank all applicants for their interest in ILSC Education Group.
What we have:
- A great team environment with the opportunity to learn and solidify yourself in this role
- A downtown office easily accessible by bus, Skytrain, walking, and cycling
- We're an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Additional perks and benefits
About ILSC Education Group
ILSC Education Group is a global educator dedicated to delivering quality education programs, using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests, as well as to new developments in technology and thinking. Our diverse educational programs are offered through our Language Schools, Colleges, Teacher Training, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Our programs are offered through 8 worldwide locations, including campuses in Vancouver, Toronto, Montréal, New Delhi, San Francisco, New York, Brisbane and Sydney.
ILSC Education Group teaches over 15,000 students annually, and our diverse student population includes students from over 90 countries. ILSC has established a strong reputation in Canada, the USA, India and Australia, and is recognized for its dynamic, student-centered approach to education as well as its unique and innovative program offerings. Please visit www.ilsc.com for more information.