ILSC Education Group is currently seeking an in-house Graphic Designer to join our talented Communications Design team, based at our Marketing HQ in Vancouver, Canada.
If you’re a friendly and creative, flexible, team-player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has fabulous design skills, then we’d love to hear from you!
In this role, you will create a wide variety of visual communication materials for print and web to promote ILSC’s language schools, colleges, and other offerings available across 9 amazing locations around the world. You’ll be able to demonstrate and grow your design skills with a dynamic, multicultural marketing team by taking an active role in the implementation and evolution of ILSC’s communication strategies to help strengthen and grow the ILSC brand.
The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Design materials for a wide variety of projects both online and off, including brochures, advertisements, corporate identity, posters, newsletters, promotional materials, websites, etc.
- Edit and maintain existing design files
- Develop design strategies and creative concepts to share with the team for review and consideration
- Work on projects for various business areas simultaneously while maintaining brand consistency
- Prepare files for print and review materials, and proofs to ensure they meet a high standard
- Manage multiple projects and ensure key deadlines are met
- Co-ordinate & communicate with project stakeholders as needed to ensure design execution meets defined goals
- Ability to design for both print and electronic media
- A keen sense of the design process from concept development to project completion
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and prepress skills (Experience with Microsoft Office an asset)
- Photography/videography/animation skills are preferred
- Web design and basic HTML skills are a plus
- Have a working knowledge of responsive design principles
- UI/UX experience is good to have but not required
- A positive and flexible attitude and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Friendly, collaborative and communicative
- Organized, pays meticulous attention to quality and detail
- Able to orally and visually communicate ideas clearly and effectively
Education and Experience Required:
- Post-secondary education in graphic design
- Experience in a design-related field
How to apply
Please send your resume, cover letter (including salary expectation) and a portfolio which highlights your work and design skills to jobs.marketing[at]ilsc[dot]com
Subject: GRAPHIC DESIGNER YOUR NAME
Application deadline: January 5th, 2017
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why work with us?
ILSC fosters an adaptive, collaborative and supportive community where talented staff engage and connect to bring to life our vision and mission.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.