We are a diverse international language school seeking a full-time English-as-a-second-language Instructor and Local Communications Coordinator to promote community building in and out of the classroom, as well as lead all Social Media efforts. This is a full-time, salaried position starting July 17, 2017.
Our San Francisco office is multi-cultural, energetic, friendly and hard-working. We are looking for a team member with the following characteristics:
- Engaging, outgoing and collaborative
- Proactive, passionate and curious
- Organized and able to meet deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Digitally proficient and familiar with basic social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
- Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and verbal skills in English
- Creative problem-solver
The main responsibilities of the Instructor and Local Communications Coordinator include:
- Eliciting students' interests and language needs in an organized way, and planning lessons accordingly
- Submitting structured Course Outlines that are also to be shared with students
- Selecting appropriate materials and resources (generated by students, teachers, or from ILSC Resources and Media), and using them effectively
- Evaluating progress (ongoing) and conferring with students individually according to the specifics objectives highlighted in the Course Outline
- Create & gather from department heads daily content for Social Media platforms & promote engagement online
- Contribute to a warm and welcoming on-campus environment where students feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to express themselves, reflect, cooperate and show leadership
- Organize Graduation ceremony and announce Super Student nominees
- Lead one (on or off-campus) extra-curricular activity per week with the guidance of the Activities Coordinator
- Monitor social media platform statistics and engagement, and analyze trends
- Join sessional Staff meetings, sessional Global Communications Skype meetings, and meetings with Digital Marketing team as necessary
- Collect & share student testimonials and stories
- Prepare sessional report
- Participate in and/or lead special projects, such as:
- Gather & share regular local content with Global Marketing team
- Video Production: Collaborate with Global Communications & Design team
- Create content for Global ILSC blog
- MC onsite events
- Plan and organize community building events
The Instructor and Local Communications Coordinator reports directly to the Academic and University Pathway Program Coordinator, under the supervision of the Director.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant subject (Education, Linguistics, Languages, etc.) from a recognized university; Master’s Degree preferred but not required*
- Certificate in language instructing & 3 years of experience teaching language*
- Experience with social media marketing preferred
- Successful interview
- Positive and enthusiastic references
*Candidates lacking these minimal qualifications need not apply.
Submit your CV and cover letter to Jeannie Buso, Director, ILSC-San Francisco at jeannie.buso[at]ilsc[dot]com.
- Health insurance, including dental, vision and chiropractic options
- Annual profit sharing
- Paid time off (PTO) starting at 2 weeks per year
- Sick leave accrual
- Commuter benefits account
- 401K account
- Access to educational support reimbursement for professional development
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week. Includes 23.3 hours of contact teaching hours
$39,000-41,000 annually, depending on experience
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment.