This role oversees all aspects of Payroll and Benefits functions and programs while providing direction and leadership to the Payroll and Benefits team at our Canadian locations. This position has the overall accountability for the processing and reconciling of bi-weekly payrolls. This role also works closely with the Human Resources and has a good knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems.
- Hands on administration of payroll for all unionized and salaried employees using Ceridian
- Develops implements and oversees the entire payroll and benefits administration process from timekeeping policies, payroll & benefits procedures and best practices to disbursement of funds.
- Leads payroll & benefits projects including policy, process and technology changes to increase accuracy & efficiency.
- Interprets, applies and maintains current knowledge of all regulations, employment laws and other requirements guiding the execution of payroll.
- Leads the year end process including T4’s for all Company payrolls.
- Liaises with other departments, employees and managers to resolve escalated payroll and benefits issues.
- Liaises with external auditors, CRA, the external payroll service provider and others to ensure satisfactory response to queries and completion of various payroll related audits.
- Responds to various inquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Conducts problem solving and continuous improvement on all payroll and benefits related processes.
- Thorough understanding of the Canadian Payroll Legislation
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Compliance with confidentiality requirements
Reports to: Corporate Controller
- College or university degree in accounting, business administration, human resources or a related field
- Must have experience working in a large, multi-site organization
- Minimum five (5) years payroll experience
- Completion of 3 levels of Canadian Payroll Association courses an asset
- Ability to manage multi-location payrolls in multiple provinces (French is considered an asset)
- Significant experience with payroll systems (Ceridian) and data manipulation using Microsoft Excel, as well as Human Resource Information Systems
- Experience using an automated time capture system (time and attendance system)
- Payroll system set up, system adjustment and conversion experience
- Self-motivated leader of change
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships * Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of US Payroll is considered an asset.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to wilbert.wong[at]ilsc[dot]com
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn : The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform : We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment.