We are seeking an Academic Program Director to join our Academic team at ILSC-Vancouver, sharing our goal of creating a transformational learning environment for students and instructors. Operating in a dynamic work environment, this this role manages a team of teachers in a unionized school, and works closely with them to ensure our students have a transformative learning experience. Each program director manages designated programs and projects.
Work with the Academic Director and fellow PDs in:
- developing and communicating the academic direction of the school, new programs and courses, and teaching methodologies;
- creating and promoting an innovative, inclusive and supportive teaching and learning environment.
Ensure high academic standards and an engaged team by:
- assisting the Academic Director in staffing decisions, recruitment and onboarding of teachers;
- reviewing and responding to learner and teacher feedback, and evaluating and developing teachers;
- working with teachers to continually improve the classroom and staffroom experience;
- communicating with teachers, through team meetings, one on one and other methods;
- involving the team with broader school engagement and activities.
Ensure a good learner experience by:
- assessing and placing students in classes;
- reviewing and responding to student academic progress and feedback;
- providing academic counselling and giving students clear academic direction.
Ensure efficient and effective programs by:
- providing well-planned teacher scheduling on a monthly basis;
- ensuring all administrative tasks are completed on a timely basis;
- training staff on administrative duties
- Undergraduate Degree
- TESL Canada Level 2 (DELTA / Masters in TESOL, or equivalent from a recognised institution)
- At least 3 years teaching experience in a recognized ESL school
- Management experience in an international education environment
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to set goals, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a dynamic team
Please submit resume and cover letter to Linda Moore, linda.moore[at]ilsc[dot]com.
Desired qualifications & skills:
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Teacher training experience