The University Pathway Student Advisor is an integral part of the University Pathway Team in a thriving ESL school for international students. Students in the University Pathway Program have an end goal of transferring to a College or University. The program allows for students to transfer without having to do an English Proficiency test as agreements have been made with a number of College/University Partners. The position reports to the National University Pathway Director.
The position works closely with the University Pathway Coordinator other student advisors and coordinators across Canada, as well as ILSC registrars to support University Pathway students while they are at ILSC.
Duties may change and be renegotiated from time to time. They will generally include:
- Student applications- helping students complete applications to partner schools; meeting with students to prepare applications; receiving applications from marketers, counselors and agents; sending documents to partner schools and following up.
- Class and attendance Monitoring –ensuring students are taking the correct classes and monitoring rates of absenteeism
- Facilitating Orientation sessions – organizing and presenting information about the students’ responsibilities and opportunities
- Student Counseling – explaining post-secondary education system in Canada; providing information about different programs and partner options
- Partner Tours & presentations – arranging opportunities for partners to promote programs to our students; taking students to partner schools for tours
- University Pathway Microsite – updating program information as it changes and as new partners are added
- University Pathway Graduation – preparation & organization – includes verifying graduating student list; coordinating with teachers, printing certificates; setting up for graduation ceremonies.
- Other tasks as they arise
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in a related field
- Genuinely concerned with the welfare, academic progress and personal growth of students & able to offer appropriate advice
- An excellent communicator able to liaise and negotiate effectively in higher educational & business contexts.
- Well organized, detailed and accurate, with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of database, spreadsheet, word processing and email
- Works effectively in a fast paced environment and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the Post-Secondary Education System in Canada
- Experience communicating with ESL learners, other departments
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn and take on new duties and responsibilities
- A team player that works well independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of another language also an asset.
- A strong supporter of ILSC’s corporate ethos and culture.
Submit resume and cover letter to Sonia Fantauzzi by email at Sonia.fantauzzi[at]ilsc[dot]com. Only the shortlisted will be contacted.
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.