ILSC-Melbourne is currently seeking a VET(Vocational Education and Training) Program Coordinator. The VET Program Coordinator is responsible for liaising with ILSC colleagues, VET trainers and staff to ensure the successful delivery and development of VET courses and full compliance with regulatory requirements (The National Code and ASQA’s Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations, NVR Standards) and with ILSC Policies and Procedures. The Program Coordinator will meet regularly with other campus VET managers, VET Trainers and staff to discuss delivery and assessment of VET courses. The Program Coordinator will fulfill regular VET Trainer duties (up to 12 hours face to face per week).
The VET Program Coordinator is responsible for:
- VET Trainer recruitment, induction and orientation; providing mentorship and guidance for new VET Trainers; scheduling trainers on delivery of units
- VET Trainer Professional Development including scheduling and conducting regular professional development sessions, and conducting trainer observations
- Supervising any trainers who do not have a current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification, to ensure quality of delivery in accordance the Training and Assessment matrix for each unit
- Facilitating communication between VET trainers and ILSC management to ensure the open flow of information necessary for efficient and compliant delivery of programs
- Delivering Units of Competency (up to 12 hours face to face per week) and fulfilling associated regular Vet Trainer duties
- Providing tutorial support for students at regularly scheduled tutorials
- Securing relief trainers, or acting as a substitute trainer when other trainers are absent
- Working with the DOT to manage the Intervention Strategy for students identified as at risk and recording the process and outcomes
- With the DOT, organising dates for and participating in assessment validation processes
- Participating in internal audits and facilitating continuous improvement
- Completing other tasks and project work as may be assigned by the DoT or senior management
- Liaising with staff at ILSC Sydney and Brisbane to ensure consistency of delivery and assessment across ILSC’s three Australian schools
- Working with the management to manage, improve and regulate the VET program
- Facilitating the spirit and integrity of ILSC’s VET courses and curriculum
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to jason.flaming[at]ilsc.com[dot]au. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
The VET Program Coordinator reports directly to the Melbourne school director and is also required to liaise and work together with other management and senior staff.
Hours of work
This is a permanent full time position with a standard 38 hour week. Evenings required.